Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Favourite Food- Fish and Chips



I have eaten many different varieties of food but I feel that none of them is as delicious as the famous fish and chips! Fish and chips are a popular take-away food which originated in the United Kingdom. It consists of deep-fried fish in batter or breadcrumbs with deep-fried chipped potatoes.

Does two big pieces of fried fish and chipped potatoes sounds good to you? It certainly is to me! Whenever I walk past a western stall, the mouth-watering smell of fish and chips would always cause my saliva to start dripping continuously. The part that I love most about fish and chips is the crumbling of the crispy fish skin when placed in my mouth. The fish meat tastes very fresh and has the taste of margarine.

If you want to cook fish and chips at home, here are the ingredients that you would need:

1) 1/2 cup flour
2) 1/2 cup cornmeal
3) 4 - 6 ounces ale
4) 1/4 teaspoon salt
5) 4 cups vegetable oil for frying
6) 4 large russet potatoes
7) 2 pounds fish fillets

If you have not tried fish and chips before, I would recommend you to die die must go and try it! You certainly do not want to miss such a delicious food!

Rating for food- 5/5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home