Monday, March 1, 2010

Discovering your Learning Profile

After completing the MIDAS test (a short 40 questions test to allow me to find out more about my learning profile), I found out that I excel the most in the fields of linguistic and interpersonal.

Linguistics means to be good at the scientific study of natural language that encompasses a number of sub-fields. To put it in a simpler way, it means that I am good at my languages. However, I feel that this is not exactly correct as I am only among the average in my languages.

Interpersonal usually refers to the relationships or communications between people. To also put it in a simpler way, it means that you are able to communicate well and have a good relationship with others. I feel that this indeed suits me as I rarely get into an argument with people or saying things that offend others.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, I feel that MIDAS test is rather effective and most of the results match my own personality. However, I would also like to point out that it is not 100% accurate. This is because there are only 40 questions that we have to answer and these are certainly not enough to find out about your true personality. An example would be as earlier mentioned the results show that I am a linguistic person, but this does not really match me. Although I have to agree that it very useful, I feel that it can still be improved by adding more effective questions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home